/ The RE's Muse: My vagina hates me

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My vagina hates me

Yes, you read that right and what proof, you ask, do I have that it hates me?

Well, dear reader...

First there was the postpartum bleeding, you know that turned into several episodes of postpartum hemorrhaging with a fun late night side trip to the ER. Five weeks of postpartum bleeding--okay, I'll give you that...it's not out of line to bleed for five weeks after passing a watermelon out of your vagina.

But then, to add insult to injury...five weeks to the day I delivered, I got my first postpartum period...and bled for three (!) more weeks.

So that makes eight weeks of bleeding.

But wait, there's more.

Following the eight weeks of bleeding, I got what may have been the worst yeast infection ever. If I could have scratched off all of my labial skin, I would have. One coochie cream insert later and things get back to normal...or so I think.

A week later...hello, postpartum period #2. Five days of fun...though never more than spotting and sludge. Not normal.

Fast forward 10 or so days...woke up with very sore throat a few days ago. Go to ENT yesterday, he diagnoses strep. Start 7 day course of antibiotics...today is day #2 on them and already my vagina has started the insane itching. Hello, yeast infection #2.

Between the bleeding and the itching, I think my vagina has given it's two-week notice.

And with that thought in mind, above you'll find a photo of the two best things my vagina has sent into the world...big and lil' sis... (and my vagina would like you to know that 11-week old lil' sis currently weighs half as much as her 22 month-old big sis does (!): 12 lbs., 13 oz. vs. 26 lbs.)

9 Comments:

At 1:56 AM, Blogger LJ said...

First-time commenter, have you tried acidophilus supplements? You can buy them at Rite Aid or any drug store. That might do the trick, I take it whenever I'm on antibiotics.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Christina said...

Perhaps your vagina is depressed. Maybe a relaxing trip to the spa, some flowers, a nice bottle of wine...? That usually makes me feel better.

Your daughters are so beautiful!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Oh my word. If she hadn't turned in her two week notice, I would be advising you to send a letter of reprimand, ASAP.

But she does deserve some lenience for producing those two gorgeous girls of yours. Picture was too darling for words.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Oh! And I forgot, lj was right on in recommending the acidophilus. I used to get me some wicked yeast infections back in college when I was on antibiotics for acne, and after somebody recommended that to me, I was in much better shape.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger VTek said...

Dee - Sorry to hear, and the girls are adorable!

Christina - You made me think of the Sex & the City episode where Charlotte is told that hers is depressed LOL

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Vagina - she's been through so much lately.
I second (third?) the spa suggestion.

That picture is far too cute for words.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

Poor vagina! Poor owner-of-vagina! And awesome cute products-of-vagina!

You know what solved my yeast infections forever? Boric acid suppositories. I had to order them from a special pill-maker, and they sound really arcane and bizarre, but they made my yeast infections disappear FOREVER. But my sister tried it and it didn't help, so it could have been an anomaly for me.

Good luck with your poor chimichanga!!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Janice said...

Hey at least your open about your vagina! I was SHOCKED when i had my kids and was told i would bleed for several weeks! SHOCKED! I honestly was never told about that. Good luck with your issues.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger lagiulia said...

I like how many times you wrote "vagina" in your post. Heh.

Your girls are SO adorable. My boys boys are small ones too. Sometimes I see babies in the park, and I think, "They almost look as big as mine do!"

I've had a lot of trouble with yeast off and on, and the only thing I've found that really works is are homeopathic suppositories called Yeast Gard. Just in case you need something new to try to set that vagina of yours straight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter