/ The RE's Muse: It's all about the chub

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

It's all about the chub

Little miss D had her two-month check up the other day. Girly is weighing in at an impressive 11 lbs., 2 oz., putting her firmly in the 75th percentile for weight. She's 22 inches long, which is in the 50th percentile.

I looked at J's baby book and saw that she didn't hit the 11 lbs. mark until sometime between three and four months old. Looks like her little sister's got some weight on her.

The ped pronounced her lovely, with some residual left arm weakness (that she's currently receiving physical therapy for), and a "big girl."

She's chubbier than J ever was, with rolls and munchable pudge all over--and the cheeks, well, you saw those for yourself :-)

After getting her shots at the ped, I knew we were in for a rough night and I was right. She has not slept through the night since (and she had been doing it for two! straight! weeks! prior) but is now doing about 6 hours or so at night. I'm hoping she gets the memo about the Dee family liking to get its sleep on and resumes her previous schedule sometime soon. Until then, I'll be the harried mom walking around with the dark circles under her eyes...oh wait, did I perhaps just describe most moms?

3 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Heather said...

So glad to hear "little" D is doing beautifully :-) But you know the part where you said, "I checked J's baby book and she didn't hit 11 lbs. until she was between three and four months old"? Yeah. That made me feel awful because, um . . . I haven't recorded one. single. thing. in P & E's baby books. Isn't that horrid? So, my plan is to get all that info from the dr. at their TWO YEAR (gasp!) appt. in a couple weeks and get started. Better late than never, right?

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger lagiulia said...

LOVE the chub. My guys were/are little, so I didn't get a lot of chub to enjoy. Squeeze squeeze squeeze, I say!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

Glad to hear you have a healthy one and that you are doing well, besides the sleep. Oh how wonderful sleep is...someone told me the other day that sleep is the new sex!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter