/ The RE's Muse: They say it's your birthday

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Monday, March 19, 2007

They say it's your birthday

38 years old today...gah.

To celebrate, the world's gassiest baby gave me a break. She slept from 10:30 last night until 4 a.m. when she ate quickly and promptly went back to sleep at 5. She then slept in until 9 a.m. so I got another nice chunk of sleep. Bliss (though, as my SIL said, it's kind of sad when you're excited about 4 hours of sleep).

The celebration continued when she - OMG - slept in the car (she hates the car with a white hot burning passion--virtually assuring that I am, on most days, a prisoner in my own home) on the way to the bank and to the giant reviled retail store for diapers and some various other sundries.

Now she sleeps again while I pack away J's too-small clothes, do the laundry, and catch up on my blogs. So far, one person has wished me a happy birthday. It seems as though the rest of them may have forgotten me (mind you, I didn't even remember it was my birthday until about 10:30 this morning). Man, this birthday rocks...

...maybe not so much.

13 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Please, allow me to remedy the single birthday wish situation:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEE!

Will there be time for a peaceful, celebratory glass of wine w/ the husband once the gals have gone down for the night?

(Wine . . . mmmmmmmm).

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Lala said...

Hippo birdie two ewes deer Dee!

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

Happy birthday, Dee! I hope the Gas-X/Nyquil I slipped Daniela has been doing the trick? Seriously, though, it sounds like a DREAM how well she's doing today. I hope the dream continues!

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Dee! May there be much more sleep in your near future!

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! Is it ok if I say that I'm a bit jealous that Daniela is sleeping that well. That's great!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!


wishing you another four straight hours!!!

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Here's a big happy birthday to you! I am so glad you received the gift of sleep!!!!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

Happy Birthday! Sleep...wonderful sleep...

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger lagiulia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEE!!!!!!!

Here's to a rockin' blogger, great momma, and extremely cool lady all around. Love ya lots! I hope this year gets better... and better.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger BSumner said...

you know... I have yet to get 4 straight hours of sleep.. and my girls are 16 months old. LOL

Happy Birthday@@@@

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Klynn said...

Happy Birthday!

Sleep is a precious commodity. Since I breastfed/pumped until Boog was 11 1/2 months old, and I got up every night to pump, even after he was sleeping through, a full night's sleep was a myth in my house for a very long time. Of course, now, he tells me "leave me alone" when I try to get him up in the morning. Heh.

Hope the good sleeping continues.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger WriterGrrl said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!! And here's to 4 hours uninterrupted! Woo hoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter