/ The RE's Muse: Today's post is brought to you by the number two

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Today's post is brought to you by the number two

Today I had another level II u/s to check on 2.0. She measured right on target (in fact, she is 2 days ahead of actual gestational age) and she weighs just under two pounds.

I followed the appt up with a visit to the ENT who informed me that I have a lovely case of rhinitis of pregnancy and that there is basically nothing that can be done for it save for saline sprays every few hours. My nose is so dry, yet so congested, it's a miracle I'm still able to breathe period. I have been this way for about three weeks or so.

Worst of all, it's making for some truly horrendous sleep--as if sleeping during pregnancy was so great in the first place--actually, calling what I do 'sleeping' is being generous. It's more like go to bed on left side, wake up about an hour or two later to pee, lay back down on right side, wake up a little while later so congested that I'm forced to flip back onto my left side to drain my nose, doze briefly, get up to pee again...lather, rinse, repeat, usually until A's alarm goes off between 6 and 7, and then I can forget about going back to sleep, despite the fact that J typically doesn't wake up until around 7:30 or 8 (yes I have been blessed with a great sleeper, knocking on wood that 2.0 inherits this habit)--with the odd 9 or later thrown in every so often. What I would give, however, to be the one doing the sleeping in.

In other news, I've booked a 4D u/s for the end of this month--just shy of our 10 year wedding anniversary. To celebrate the 10 (!) years, I have booked us a special occasion room package at the Ritz, and made reservations for a lovely dinner at a nationally reknown steakhouse, followed by front row center stage seats to a Cirque du S0leil show. My SIL and her family are coming up to stay with J so us grown ups can get to be a twosome for a special date night/weekend. I even bought a couple of cute little (ha!) maternity dresses so I can scrub up pretty. It's a two-hour drive away but I'm really looking forward to it. It'll be nice to recharge, even if just for a weekend. Heaven knows I'll need it by then as we'll be hosting T'giving dinner at our house in the interim.

And with that, I think I'll go try to recharge right now. I might actually go sneak in a catnap...'cause l0rd, I am ti-red, but you knew that already.

4 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

Sorry to hear about your pesky nose. Have fun on your night out!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger WriterGrrl said...

Rhinocort. Prescription nasal spray that is non-systemic, meaning it is totally safe for pregnancy and nursing. I took it while pregnant with Baby J. If your ENT doesn't want to give you a script, he's lazy and doesn't keep up on research. Call an allergist or your OB and ask for a script.

No joke -- when I took it, I offered to name Baby J after the allergist who prescribed it. It was THAT good.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

Oh man, that really sucks about your schnozz! But your entertainment plans are so FUN, I will be with you in spirit. You have just detailed the IDEAL date with my husband and me, so HAVE FUN!!!! And, yeah, try to get some "sleep" in the meantime.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger lagiulia said...

Hope you become less congested soon!
I'm glad everything seems to be going well with your pregnancy. I'm really impressed that you made such great plans for your anniv. You're an inspiration!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter