/ The RE's Muse: Deep in thought

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Deep in thought


Sorry for the radio silence; we've been deep in thought here these past few weeks in the Dee house. The amnio results on BG 2.0 came back completely normal yesterday and did confirm the ultrasound findings that she is indeed a she.

In other news...I got nothing. Hence the radio silence. Things are moving along with 2.0 as I cruise towards the halfway point. Last week I had a freak out when I couldn't find her HB with the doppler and had some random unidentifiable pains. Given my post-amnio status and general terror, I called my OB and mentioned my concerns, whereupon I was told to immediately come on down. So I did, and--of course--the doctor found the HB immediately. Yeah, I felt like a dork, but at least the OB knows I'm a dork who's not taking any chances.

(As an aside, it was Dr. Hot who some of you may recall from my pregnancy with J--every time I saw him last time, I was like a virgin on prom night: my BP shot through the roof and I had to then have all sorts of tests run per him). This time, since I was a last minute fit in appt, I didn't know it would be him I'd be seeing so my BP was fine. But had I known in advance it'd be him, I'm sure I'd have been all flustered (yes, he really is that hot) and then sent to the lab immediately. And for the record, I no longer schedule any of my regular appts with him--haven't since I had J. I learned my lesson last time.

Oh, and my 1 hour glucose screen came back borderline normal so nothing for now. They'll send me back in 6 weeks or so for the 3 hour screen. Should be fun, 'cause I can think of no more enjoyable way to spend a morning than starving hungry, drinking straight glucose, and being repeatedly jabbed by an incompetent and uncaring phlebotomist. Ooh, I'm already looking forward to it.

Back to my regularly scheduled silence. Hope y'all are each doing well :-)

6 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Cat, Galloping said...

congrats on the good amnio results!

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news on the amnio results. I'm so glad to hear it.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger lagiulia said...

Hooray for the great test results! And that's hilarious about Dr. Hot. Stay away from him!
Yeah, I had to do the 3 hr glucose because my 1 hr was one point too high. Fun indeed.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

Glad you are doing well and have some tests behind you. Wow, a Dr. Hot....must have a lot of patients with high BPs...so I guess you're seeing Dr. Not Hot now.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger VTek said...

Yay on the amnio/confirmation news!- And no fair that you have a Dr. McDreamy lol. My 3-hour screen also went just as you described. Sorry you have to do it again (once is certainly enough when it comes to that test)!

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

All hail the BORING PREGNANCY! I'm so happy about your normal amnio, you must be relieved, and feeling SO MELLOW that not even Dr. Hot can rile you nowadays.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter