/ The RE's Muse: On the mend

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

On the mend

Better living through pharmaceuticals...that's long been my motto. Glad to see it came through again. After one meager dose of a category B antibiotic, I began to feel better Monday. Now with three days worth coursing through my system, I'm a new gal. I have risen from my own ashes. Two more days to go.

Miss J's lesions did not worsen and she did not get any more of them. We still don't know if it is/was pox or not but if so, it's very mild and the worst of them should be gone in a matter of days. I've had the vaccine (back in Sept. 05) so odds are me and the dos are 85%+ protected. With that in mind, I ended my own three-day quarantine and got to love up on my girl once again. It was a lonely weekend spent in bed, listening to her and A play in the house while I was cooped up miserably hot and cold.

Onto the third leg of the sickness trilogy, yesterday I had my abscess lanced--a good time I tell you. The worst of it was the lidocaine; there's just something about all that liquid fire going into some sensitive ribcage tissue that really hits you where it hurts. This is the second time it's abscessed in the past year. Once the dos arrives and I've had no flare ups of the wound for 3-5 months, I'm to schedule an appt to have it removed. Thankfully. Seriously, that day can't come soon enough 'cause talk about gross.

How about a happier, not-so-gross topic? Miss J--who had been a rightful pill for much of this past week--has just had her second tooth cut through. Yes, you read that right. 14 months old and just getting a second tooth--almost two-and-a-half months after she got her first one. At this rate, she should have all her teeth in time for pre-K a couple years from now. But my gosh, is she cute. And don't think that having only one tooth lo these past two months has stopped her from noshing on some serious grown up foods--like steak, chicken strips, and watermelon (sister loves her some watermelon!).

Another happy topic: the dos. Hello second trimester! We told the family about the dos this past weekend and then told our geographically spread friends in an e-mail that begat many kind responses. I'm starting to slow down these days: my gravity center is shifting, some sciatica has been making its presence known, but the dos--who swims about when pressed with the doppler, whose heartbeat still manages to take my breath away, who makes me softly say to myself as I listen intently, "stay baby, please stay"--wakes my love up a little bit more. And makes me cry buckets (and yep, Frances, they're grateful tears) on a daily basis; dang hormones.

I'm grateful for every day, every iota of this journey. It is a trail I never thought I'd get to take, a path denied to me for four long years as we tried to make our family of 2 a family of 3. I take a lot of pictures of Miss J, and I can't wait to do the same with the dos as our family of 3 becomes a family of 4...to document, to remember...though there are many more precious images stored in my head and burned into my heart. I will treasure them always.

And now, I'm off to cry again--a symptom of pregnancy I did NOT have the first time around, but it's all good.

3 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dee, I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better as is J, and congrats on entering your 2nd trimester! I'm sorry you're weepy, but it's a good weepy, right? Like a grateful weepy? I hope so. Hugs.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger VTek said...

Also glad to hear you're "on the mend." And wow about becoming a family of four -- My lil family of 3 is still kicking my butt/making me tired, so I salute ya!

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

Hooray for J's tooth! What a celebrated arrival. Babycakes just got her third tooth, after many months of random, seemingly overdramatic teething. And I love that her lack of teeth hasn't slowed her down either. Someday, J. and B.C. have got to sit down and share a steak and talk about their nutty (but well-meaning and teary-eyed) moms! They've got 5 teeth between them, but I'm sure they could polish off a filet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter