/ The RE's Muse: This is getting old...fast

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Friday, September 03, 2004

This is getting old...fast

So we watch and we wait and we wonder...just where the hell is Frances going and when the hell is she finally going to get here? We've battened down the house and are presently preparing to head to our friends' house. Maybe she'll get here tomorrow morning, night, or Sunday. I just wish she'd get here already so I can worry about my future cycles (such rich ditties as -- was this one BFP IUI cycle the only time we'll ever see the elusive second line? What are the odds we'll lose another one? Will my doc change my protocol? Will we do more IUIs? Will we move on to IVF? And, more importantly, what did the testing on our "product of conception" reveal, if anything? Lovely term. What asshat came up with that one?)

The one good thing about this storm is that she's taken my mind off of my pathetic state of affairs. I actually went almost a whole day without crying--almost. Now we're heading out, disconnecting the computer so I'm really going offline now. I'll post when we're back up and running and, in the meantime, y'all be good to yourselves...you deserve it.

6 Comments:

At 1:50 AM, Blogger JenP said...

I hope you're doing ok in the storm and that nothing's blown over. Fingers crossed she passes you!!!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Up here in Boston they are reporting that it (the storm) has died down a bit. I hope you don't get hit with much more than a little wind and rain. We'll miss you, good luck!

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are safe and sound.
Post as soon as you are able to let us know.
Menita
(lifesjestbook)

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dee,
I hope as I write this you are safe.

As far as the products go... (**clinical stuff--warning--**)
It typically takes 2-12 weeks to get the results back. If they got the tissue right when you were m/c'ing, it'll take less time because the tissue is fresh. However, if you had a missed m/c, where the fetus had been non-living for awhile, it usually takes longer for the culture to grow. My last m/c they got right away, so we got the results back in 2 weeks. My 2nd m/c the fetus had been non-living for while. In fact, my OB told me we might not get any results back. Fortunatly, the culture did grow but it took 12 weeks (I had almost given up.)Also, you should know, that they can tell you the sex. I find always find it hard to know the sex, yet it is healing.

Marla
the middle way

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dee,
I hope this email finds you safe.

Warning--clinical studd--

The products can take 2-12 weeks. It depends on how fresh the tissue is. Meaning, if they collected the tissue as you were m/c'ing or shortly after. In contrast, if you had a missed m/c, where the fetus had not been living for awhile, it can take longer for the culture to grow. Also, you can find out the sex. It is hard toknow the sex, yet I found it healing and made my feelings of loss somehow validated.

Marla
the middle way

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for the double post.
Marla

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter