/ The RE's Muse: Hasta la vista....

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Hasta la vista....

She's a'comin.' F--that bitch--no, not dreaded Flo (though who knows when she'll next make her appearance in my post-D&C world) but Frances--many thanks to Sugarblossom for the clever relevant reference.

Depending on Frances's final landfall point -- which is looking dreadfully like it'll be close to my hometown -- you may not be reading/hearing from me for awhile (what's that? Hallelujah, you say?). Out where I live, the power goes out if one of my dogs fart so I'm expecting complete darkness come Friday night or Saturday, whenever this bitch roars her ugly mouth at us.

I am not taking this lightly--the jokes/sarcasm are my way of dealing with the overwhelming terror that is my world right now. At the risk of possibly offending some of you, know that I am not religious in the least. I am -- as I will sometimes joke-- a lapsed Catholic. In truth I am probably agnostic. But I guess I'm a hypocritical lapsed Catholic/agnostic because right now I am praying so hard that the roof does not blow off, that the walls do not cave in, that no one I know and love (or even strangers for that matter) are injured or killed--realizing that may be a futile hope (that bitch never really leaves, does she?). But mostly I pray selfishly that my world, my little piece of the world as I know it--my husband and two dear furboys--come through it with me unscathed. They are all that I have right now and I don't know how I could go on if something were to happen to them.

So if you're religious or not, please pray for us, all of us in Florida, especially southeast Florida because it looks as though our 12 year run of 'luck' has finally come to an end. If you can't or won't pray (and I can't say I blame you), please send us all the good vibes, wishes, thoughts, etc., you can. The terror is real, the fear is so palpable you could cut it with a knife and I am only one of millions.

5 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOu have a Wiccan thinking positively for you now as well. Hope everything ends ok.

Kris
Brokenornot

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dee,
With Amanda, another lapsed agnostic de-lapsing just for you. I will be praying hard for your safety, and hoping you weather this one very, very well.
Menita
(lifesjestbook)

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

oh Dee...I am scared FOR you. It isn't fair. You have so much to deal with right now WITHOUT this horrible storm. You are in my thoughts. I hope you and your loved ones are okay.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

My mom is in Port St. Lucie. I am in Tampa. My SIL and BIL are in Orlando. This storm is really going to affect all of us but you all on the East Coast are going to bear the brunt of it.

I will be praying that your roof stays on, the trees dont fall, and that the wind and water stay out. Stay safe.

I also wanted to say thanks for you kind post on my blog. After everything you have been through this past week it's just amazing that you still have anything left "to give." Thank you.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

I've been watching the weather station & praying for you folks in Florida. We lived through "Juan" last year here in Nova Scotia, but you guys have just been hit too much and too often this year. I'm a new blogger, and gobbling up support, humour and emphathizing with the many blogs I'm finding (like yours) of my fellow sisters living with infertility. Take care and be safe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter