/ The RE's Muse: Jesus Mary and Joseph

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Jesus Mary and Joseph

It was the longest two days of my life. But here, for your viewing pleasure are my top three hurricane highlights, in no particular order.

Highlight #1: One 4 year old + two 2 year olds + one six-month old + five dogs + six adults (two of whom--can you guess who?--are not parents to any of the children in attendance) + 1,700 sqaure foot house with no electricity = pressure cooker. 'Nough said.

Highlight #2: Announcement from newscast--103 family members along with 54 maternity patients admitted and 6 babies delivered (and counting) at St. Mary's Medical Center as of yesterday. Um, thanks dickwads. Just what this infertile pissed off stressed out bitch needs to hear right now.

Highlight #3: As the eye of the hurricane passed over Jupiter after midnight last night and the skies temporarily cleared, I decided to go outside and get some cool air (vital need as a result of situation noted in highlight #1). I went outside with fertile friend #2 and commented about how it felt so good out since I was so hot. Her reply: "It's probably your hormones. I'm sure they're still all out of whack." Um, thanks...bitch.

So, we've been without power since 10 a.m. yesterday, without phones since 3 p.m. yesterday. They tell us it may be 5-7 days before we get power back. After two days in that house with all those fertiles and their screaming offspring, we had to get out. We are down at my dear SIL's house--who, at 90 miles to our south, still has power and, thank you sweet jesus, air conditioning. Note to self, I love the man--James Carrier?--who invented a/c; give that man a posthumous Nobel peace prize.

Our house made it through Frances relatively unscatched. We lost all our native trees (palms, gumbo limbos, etc.) but the crappy pines made it. Ugh. So we've got lots of yard work to do. We also lost a lot of roof shingles but we don't seem to have any leaks. But for now, we'll live each day like we're camping out. Hmmm...exactly why I wasn't a girl scout (okay, that and my family couldn't afford to send me).

Thank you each for thinking of me during this incredibly stressful time. I can say that this has been, without a doubt, the worst week of my life. But it's over now, time to move on. In fact, I'd say it's all over but the crying...and I've cried enough the last week as it is. I still have more crying to come, I know, but for now I need to focus on getting me back to normal. So, in my ever-selfish state of mind, I'm hoping this hurricane doesn't mean my 9/16 post-D&C appt is cancelled. (And thanks, Marla, for the clinical info--at least now I'll have an idea what I can possibly expect at that visit--or my missed ab may mean it'll be a while before I get potential info. Great...more waiting, as an IF, the wait never ends--we wait for periods to start--or not to, wait for call backs, instructions, test results, wait wait wait, story of my life.)

So I hope to post again soon but, if we head back home tomorrow, I've got no power. I can't wait to get back up and running and find out how each of you is doing. I'm lost without my infertile sisters!

I'm sending love to each of you--and thanks for all of your kind thoughts, prayers, and words. Now that Frances has passed, time for me to go back to agnostic living! Unless Ivan heads this way--and if that's the case, know that I'm getting the fuck outta dodge. No more of this shit for us. I've had more than enough this week, thanks. There's only so much a girl can take before something snaps, you know. And I don't want that to be my sanity...not yet, at least.

4 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that you're o.k.

Uggh! I hate yard work.

Emily
scrambledeggs

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger JenP said...

So happy to hear you're ok and your house made it through. Sucks though about the fertiles. Hoping things start looking up and you're ok!

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap.
Glad you're alive and well.
Glad your house survived.
Glad at least the pine trees made it.
So sorry about the rest. Geez...
As bad weeks go, you're head and shoulders above all, aren't you?
Hope the healing (all of it) can begin soon.
Menita
(lifesjestbook)

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your okay.
Marla
the middle way

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter