/ The RE's Muse: Growing pains

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Growing pains

Tomorrow, Miss J leaves for her first trip without Mommy & Daddy.

First thing in the morning, she is heading to her aunt's house and joining them for a three-day jaunt to Disn3y W0rld. It will be her second trip to the park (we went for Xmas last year) but it is the first time she will ever be on a trip without us. Talk about a weird feeling.

Surprisingly, I'm not worried. As a matter of fact, I'm excited for her. I think she's going to have a great time. Besides, as many of us know firsthand, your kids are always better behaved for someone else.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the fact that my 'first' baby is 3 years old (okay, she's 3 years and 3 months) and my 'baby' is 19 months old. Last week, the "baby" dressed up in the princess dress that J wore for Halloween last year...and it fit, perfectly. Witness the picture of both D and J (below right) taken just last week...versus the picture of J on the right, taken last year October. Wow. They really do grow up quickly, huh?

And now, she's going off for a weekend without us. Sigh. Next thing I know, I'll blink and she'll be leaving for college.











For now, though, this weekend, A and I will be parenting only one child. Whatever shall we do with ourselves?

3 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger Miss W said...

Wow -- if being a member of your family means princess dresses and trips to the house of the mouse? ADOPT ME! ;)

Here's to Miss J having a blast and the rest of you having fun without being too jealous of her good time :)

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

I love the expression on D's face. We see a lot of that around here. "Big sister, you're so COOL!!!"

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, the pic of the sisters together is too freaking cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter