/ The RE's Muse: She's crafty

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

She's crafty

Why yes, yes I am.

Back in college, I was almost an art major but decided I liked money too much to be a starving artist...so I was an English major instead. Haha. Yeah, obviously money wasn't my first priority. After graduation, I went to work in publishing, and the rest is history.

Alas, I was stagnating inside, no creative juices had been flowing for the past few years. Last year, my SIL sucked me into the world of scrapbooking and I've slowly been wetting my feet in its waters. I've since expanded into other avenues whenever I can, i.e., a little 'me' time, doing mosaics, decoupage...trying a little of this and a little of that. Boy, does it feel good to get my creativity fired up again.

Here are two projects (actually one) that I recently completed. I bet you can see my inspiration. What do you think?

The thing is, they are really so easy, anyone can do it. I actually have written instructions if anyone is interested. I love mine 'cause I'm a big ole' softie like that.









7 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Aaaaaawwwww, too cute. Just precious!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger WriterGrrl said...

I would LOVE to know how!! Gorgeous! With D's head, of course, I'll need to mount it on oversize posterboard, but hey....

 
At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to know, too!!

Awesome job, crafty!

InDueTime
http://in-due-time.blogspot.com

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Antropóloga said...

I'd love the instructions! Those look great!

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO beautiful. Instructions, please.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Rose said...

I was THRILLED to see your comment on my blog. My old one went poof in the night!! I had used the backup function they had on blog-city, only for it to fail, didn't have time to copy all the posts because I was in and out of the hospital for preterm labor and nobody at blog city was answering help requests. It sucks...years of writing gone,and worse, the ways to contact a lot of my buddies gone too.

so, so glad to hear from you.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

Lovely! Thanks for posting those pictures. Glad you are having inspiration to be creative

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter