/ The RE's Muse: Rain, rain go away

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Rain, rain go away

It has been raining here since Monday evening. I'm talking deluge after deluge. The rain gauge in my yard maxes out at 8 inches--it has been full to the brim all week so no telling exactly how much rain has fallen here. It has to be at least a foot to a foot-and-a-half, if not more. The yard is like a small lake with at least 4-6 inches of standing water covering about a-third to a-half of the acre and a quarter we call home.

We need the rain, that much is for sure. Alas, the lack of blue sky can get a girl kinda down and that is where I'm at lately. Add to that the fact that I have had an incredibly painful sinus headache off-and-on (more on than off), along with a low-grade (99-100 degree) fever for the past 3 days, and I'm one unhappy camper.

J goes for her pre-op consultation this afternoon and I've managed to tag myself onto her appointment time so the ENT will check my sinuses after checking out the mini. Wouldn't you know it though, my sinus pain seems to be letting up today.

As of right now, she is scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning at 7 a.m. I've managed so far not to think about it very much, for--if I do--I'm liable to freak the fuck right out. Please keep her in your good thoughts. Even though it's a minor procedure (ear tube insertion and adenoid removal) in the grand scheme of things, she's still my baby, and I'm still worried.

Perhaps the sun will return tomorrow, to take the gloomy edge off....

3 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

Good luck J! It will always be hard to have our babies undergo anything. I was a wreck during Chebbles' getting a filling, for pete's sake. So I know this will be tough for you, but easy for her probably!! We'll be thinking of you.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Antropóloga said...

My kid had to get her annual shot/blood taken and that was bad enough! Best wishes.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

Sending wishes for smooth sailing tomorrow...hang in there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter