/ The RE's Muse: Requiem for my head

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Requiem for my head

By the time you're reading this, I may well be dead.

Okay, not really, but--at this point--I think death would be better than this summer cold/flu/plague I've got. It started with A, then decided I'd be a good host so it jumped ship last weekend. Along the way, it also decided to visit J, whose 102 degree fever broke yesterday afternoon, and D, whose 102 fever seems to have broken sometime overnight. It is a rockin' good time in our house right about now...just in time for our upcoming weekend in Chicago, sans kiddos.

We leave Friday evening, returning Monday, and my sinuses could not be more stuffed up if they tried. That should make for a lot of fun on the flight there and back. Oh well, small price to pay for a grown-up weekend, i.e., Jimmy Buff3tt concert, Cubb1es game, and the like. Let's just hope my head doesn't explode before then.

P.S. Speaking of stuffed heads, with all of the ear infections J has endured so far this year, and the persistent fluid in her middle ear/horrible tympanograms, we have been given the go'head by the ENT to have tubes put in her ears and her adenoids removed (they are significantly enlarged). My poor big girl. The surgery date is August 22nd. I'm trying not to think about it right now.

2 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're all sharing the virus love over here too. Sorry to hear about J...poor thing. Sending good thoughts.

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

What is UP with everyone being sick all of a sudden? Baby V caught a cold at family camp, and our playdate cancelled today on account of fever. OK, in January I hear ya, but didn't all viruses and bacteria get the MEMO that they are not to attack us during the summer months!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter