/ The RE's Muse: I couldn't make this up if I tried

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Friday, May 30, 2008

I couldn't make this up if I tried

Last weekend, el husbando and I abandoned the girls left them in the competent care of their aunt and grandmother while we romped off for an adults-only weekend with friends in the panhandle of our lovely state.

While away, A did not shave his face so, when we returned home late Monday afternoon, he was sporting a good bit of scruff on his face. We arrived home with dinner for the family so they could eat before hitting the road back to their house.

When Juliana saw her daddy, she exclaimed, "Daddy--you have hair on your face!"

"I sure do," he replied.

Then she turned to me, stared hard at me for a few minutes, realizing that I did not have hair on my face so what could she say about me; and instead said, "Mommy--you have hair on your 'gina!"

Cue crickets in the room.

6 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

That right there is a story for the ages!! :-)

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Kether said...

How funny! Must be the week for that because last week Liam was with me when I took a shower and he looked SO concerned and horrified and he said "MAMA! You have hair on your front bummy! We need to get it off!"

I about died laughing. My mother is horrified that I'm repeating that story to people but its too funny not to.

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is simply priceless!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

That's hilarious, Dee! I love how she was trying in include you in the discussion.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

Hee, hee, hee...

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Priceless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter