/ The RE's Muse: Another milestone...well, not really

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Another milestone...well, not really

Oh, last night was one for the Dee family annals.

The littlest person among us did not want to go to bed at her usual time so daddy was playing with her, trying to tire her out.

Toss, tickle, toss, tickle...up and down went the little J, until I heard A call my name and ask, in a muffled voice, for "a little help here."

And what do I turn to see? A's face, covered in copious amounts of baby vomit--nice and yellow from the mango she had as dessert at dinnertime--from his mouth, across his right cheek to his right ear--in his right ear--in his hair, on his shirt, on the couch pillow behind him. etc.

I about peed myself laughing so hard. I guess that's what one gets for tossing about a wee little person two hours after that person ate dinner, and about a half-hour after that person also had her bedtime bottle.

Whoo boy, I guess you had to be there but it was dang funny. And it was also the first time she's puked on either one of us (glad A was the first to get the honors)--so it appears we hit another milestone, though this one not so highly touted. Now I guess we've gotta change our Dee house safety sign, gone is:

270-odd days without a projectile vomiting incident.

In it's place is:

1 day without a projectile vomiting incident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter