/ The RE's Muse: I may never rest again

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Friday, March 10, 2006

I may never rest again

Tonight, the little miss stood up all by herself for the very first time. She's been pulling up on everything in sight to stand up these past few weeks but this, this was poetry in motion. She was taking her bath, playing with her toys, all was tubtime status quo. Out of nowhere, she simply rocked forward onto her feet and slowly but surely stood up, all while viciously chewing (hello, teeth? um, anyday now...really, it's safe to come out, promise) her rubber ducky.

The good folks at "school" and her physical therapist predict she'll be up and walking in the next month tops. Which means that life as I knew it, i.e., sitting on my soft arse on the couch on a regular basis, will soon come to a screeching halt.

Aye, it was a good run while it lasted.

2 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations?!

 
At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh honey, you and me both. Smacky is so ready to hit the road (he's walking, with help) but can't quite pull himself up yet (I can't wait for it but I'm a little dreading it!). This age is amazing, isn't it? Congrats on the milestone - let me know how it goes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter