/ The RE's Muse: The end of an era

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

The end of an era

Well, not really but *sniff, sniff* today I felt those old familiar twinges, harbingers of red.

And then there it was, brown, on the tp. Tomorrow will mark 5 weeks after the D&C and tomorrow AF should make a full-blown appearance--yea, happy anniversary to me! I haven't seen her since early July, what with the pg and miscarriage and all. Now she's back and I'm kinda sad to remake her acquaintance.

I'm hoping she's bearable; I've heard that post-D&C periods can be heavy and painful, especially when you consider that I had a suction D&C so no actual endometrial lining was ginsu'ed out of there. I'm sure the pg made my ute a comfy pillow for embie--which means all that cushy goodness must now come out. I'm gearing up for a monumental blood-letting this go'round. I sure hope not, we still don't have power and are only running the well pump at home periodically to conserve gas. I'm a clean freak, mind you, and ice cold showers to clean the hootch and the bod won't be too fun.

One plus to this is that I now know to expect my next period during the last week of October--when we'll start the next injectable/IUI cycle, given that I have no leftover cysts to interfere with the plan. I really hope that the corpus luteum cyst I had hightailed it out of town after the baby was no mas (mas = 'more' in spanish--yep, I busted out the espanol on y'all). I hate when things don't go according to plan--which means that if you're playing along at home, I really hate being infertile (and who among us doesn't?). It has really truly fucked up my plans, as I'm sure it has for you as well. But I guess life is what happens when you make plans... For now, I plan to pop some NSAIDs (or should I take the leftover perkies?) and ride AF out. I have a feeling it's gonna be a long next few days.

4 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger E. said...

:( I'm so sorry, Dee. I vote you take the left-over perkies.

I hope the next few days aren't too horrible, and that you at least get your power back on soon so you can take some nice, hot showers. Thinking of you...

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dee: I hope the next few days are not to physically painful, and if they are, that they are at least quick and few.
Hope AF has the decency to make things as easy for you as possible.
Menita
(lifesjestbook)

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie...hang in there. We are all here for you.

Moogielou
Fractured Fairytale

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Mare said...

What bad timing with the power out and all. Damn. Definitely, I'd be saying, "Bring me the perkies!" Personally I am going to make do with a large vat of red wine tonight to celebrate the onset of Her AFness. *clink glasses*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter