/ The RE's Muse: Words.

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Words.

Thursday. Daniela. Hospital. Fever. 102.9. Seizure. 911. 10 minutes. Paramedics. 104.6. ER. Work up. Possible pneumonia. Subdural hematoma. Transfer. PICU. Fever. 104.6. Antibiotics. Work up. Fever. 103. EEG. Labs. Infection. Waiting. Good nurse. Bad nurse. Waiting.

Subdural hematoma, subacute = approximately one month old injury. Fall? Daycare? MRI. Waiting. Possible small bleed in temporal lobe from seizure. Waiting. Subdural hematoma, nature unknown, location = possible child abuse. Parents? DCFS investigation. Police investigation. MRI--still waiting. Skeletal x-ray series. Waiting. Incomprehensible. Unthinkable. WTF?

Daniela. PICU. Infection. Injury. Insane.

Unfounded. Absurd. Simply unbelievable. Who could think such a thing?

Dante's ninth circle of...

Hell.

15 Comments:

At 3:55 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

Oh it sounds absolutely awful. You must be in pieces. I hope she is out of the woods soon and that the investigation is already over. You poor poor things.

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Dee, I am so tremendously sorry. I hope she is better soon, and that you can all put this awful ordeal behind you. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Cat, Galloping said...

oh my gosh. what can i even say? every parent's worst nightmare. and to be under investigation while she is so sick is unimaginable. thinking of you.

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no. I'm so very sorry, Dee. I really hope she's better soon and that everything's ok.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

Dee, here's hoping this is put behind you quickly and completely.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger BrooklynGirl said...

Good Lord--how terrifying. Thinking of all of you.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Lala said...

noooooo.....
loving you, Lala

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Dee, you are all in my thoughts. Praying for Daniela's quick recovery. And for some answers asap.

love, a

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

This is so so scary, Dee. I am so sorry and I hope D is better soon.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Kether said...

I'm stunned. I couldn't even raise my fingers to the keyboard after reading.
My prayers are with her for a return to health. I'm SO sorry about the investigation and that must be terrifying, even though you have no reason to worry. You will be in my thoughts.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Miss W said...

Oh, Dee...too stunned for coherent thought. Hoping and praying that she gets well soon and that the investigation is already over. Sending you all lots of love.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Mutha Mae said...

OUr thoughts are with you, too, Dee. All our best to you.

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Dee. I am so so sorry you are going through this. I pray that you and D and your family will be okay. My love to you all. You *will* get through this.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Antropóloga said...

I am so sorry. I hope this all clears up soon. I hope she is well very soon.

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm stunned. I'm so so sorry - will keep Daniela and all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter