/ The RE's Muse: Pack it up, pack it in...

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Pack it up, pack it in...

let me begin....

Today we got the go ahead to pack It up--"It" being D's apnea monitor.

Like most folks warned me, we have had a love/hate relationship with the monitor. It has been both a blessing and OMFGpulltheplugonthatdamnmachinebeforeithrowitoutthewindow.

D has not had a true apnic alarm on the monitor since back in June (and granted, some schools of thought say that ALL babies have apnic events for a few months after birth since their neurological systems are still learning how to regulate themselves).

Given five months alarm-free (well, you know, except for the FALSE ALARMS, aka 'loose connection' alarms that cause a brief heart attack between the time your ears hear them and your brain computes their tone to be non-emergent, but I digress...), along with the fact that D is on track developmentally, our ped made a call to the neurologist and together they agreed that she was doing so well, there was no need to continue on It.

I have to say, I couldn't make my call to the healthcare company to come pick it up fast enough. It will take a few days for them to come out and get it, but until then, the monitor is boxed up on the floor of D's room, done, ready to go.

And tonight, as I type this, she sleeps just like most other babies...without a monitor.

So lovely.

Here's to 'normal' in all its myriad forms.

5 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

Congratulations and good riddance to that old MOFO. I'm so happy for you guys, and your normal sleeping baby!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Cat, Galloping said...

congratulations! and if you're interested in a half-step, there's always the angel care monitor. i relied heavily on that for my peace of mind.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Wonderful news! I remember the day we got the go ahead to unplug P's monitor. Scary, but fantastic. She's been more than fine ever since, and I'm sure D will be the same way. Our little gals are tough!

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To normal : here, here!
Congrats on this happy milestone.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

OOOHHH YEAH! That's wonderful...I was so glad to get rid of ours too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter