/ The RE's Muse: From sleeping beauty...

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Friday, July 27, 2007

From sleeping beauty...


...to bathing beauty in five short months. How fast time is going these days! This pic was taken during D's first trip to the beach a few weeks ago. The day was a little overcast but that was a good thing, seeing as how when the sun is out in full force here, it literally takes minutes to broil alive at our beaches. We brought the umbrella and had a lovely time...

with the exception of getting hit by a rogue wave while I had my back turned and was holding D. A was a few feet away, holding J, and we were talking while looking at the shore, backs to the small waves that had been rolling in regularly. All of the sudden, I see it at the last second and jump up somewhat to spare D the impact. I take the hit, come up a few seconds later, minus my sunglasses clip (a magnetic clip that came with/sits on my prescription eyeglasses) with D perfectly dry. I watched the roiling surf helplessly looking to see if my clip would float up even though it's not buoyant. I took a few steps and A told me to kiss it goodbye. Talk about putting a damper on my day, especially when it had been so lovely up until then.

I took a few more steps and my left foot steps on something on the bottom. Wait, it can't be. Yes, indeed, I plunge a hand down and come up with my sunglasses. Talk about the fates being on my side. And like that, the day was redeemed.

See, that's about the extent of exciting things to happen around these parts lately. Outside of someone starting solid foods last month (loves squash and carrots, while green beans make her very gassy--to the point of discomfort gassy), and sitting up on her own like a champ. Every day my heart soars more and more with love and pride for my girls, just when I think it can't get any fuller.

This time is precious...and fleeting.
In the words of Billy Joel, these are the days to remember because they will not last forever.

2 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

What cute beach people! That is a really great song quote...I am humming the tune right now.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Antropóloga said...

So sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter