/ The RE's Muse: Swamped...

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Swamped...


...both literally and figuratively. It has rained (and by that I mean, rock the rafters thunder and lightning) every day for the last week. A good portion of our yard is under 3 - 4 inches or so of water.

I also find myself swamped with managing the household tasks, working from home, and taking care of the little ones. Luckily, J is in "school" full-time but D is home with me for at least the next 7 months or so. As she gets older, she wants and (for now) needs more and more of my time, which means that my work and personal life are suffering. In turn, that then leaves me little time for wiping my own ass blogging so radio silence abounds.

Know that I'm here, checking up on y'all, but unable to comment very often :-( thanks to the late nights spent trying to work after the girls each go to bed.

And since you don't come here to listen to me bitch, time for a girls!girls!girls! update. D started rolling over tummy to back this past week. Whew--another milestone reached on target. I worry because if any lingering trouble(s) from her early stroke/seizures are going to happen, it/they will show up in developmental delays between 3 and 9 months (or so I'm told). So far, nothing; knock on wood it continues that way. Personally, I'll feel much more relaxed about it come 12 months or so but, until then, the A-Ds help tremendously.

Miss J, on the other hand, has recently started talking about boobs and 'ginas (seems she recently discovered hers while in the tub one night)--as in, "Mommy's boobs!" (said while sitting on my lap and looking down my shirt), followed by her picking up two small plastic balls, holding them to her chest and saying "Juliana's boobs!" followed by her maniacal laughter. Bath- and/or shower-time finds her making happy exclamations of "Juliana wash 'gina!" or "Juliana wash hiney!" So proud of herself and rightfully so...

after all, "a clean butt is a happy butt."
And with that pearl of wisdom, I'll sign off for the evening.

4 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger lagiulia said...

So cute! Glad everyone is well. I know that feeling of milestones being more than just milestones. I hope everything keeps going well.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

Hooray for Little D (or shall I say MIGHTY D!), hitting her milestones like a champ. ("What, Mom, you were worried about ME???")

And today at the vet's office, Chebbles told the assembled crowd that "Grandma has sparkles on her boobies!"

And it was true. Grandma did have a T-shirt on with some sparkles over the top part of it. And now everyone at the Civic Feline Clinic KNOWS!

Hooray for the anatomical comedy!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger WriterGrrl said...

The picture is SOOOOOOO cute. Delicious!

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the only words that come to mind when i see this photo is: SQUISH HER!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter