/ The RE's Muse: Scaling back

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Friday, April 04, 2008

Scaling back

Back in the day, aka before kids, I took it upon myself to finally lose the excess weight that had been piling on since I graduated from college. So five years ago, aka two years into the TTC struggle, I went low-carb (and stepped up my exercise) on my-then RE's recommendation and shed 60 pounds in 10 months. I felt great. I was no longer tired, irritable, had more energy, yada yada yada.

Fast forward to now. 5 years and 2 kids later. Life gets in the way, demands on my time are all-consuming, exercise and low-carb have taken a back seat to convenience and speed. 50 of those pounds have since come back after two pregnancies and eating just about anything with no limits...eek. I've only myself to blame.

Anyhoo, as of April 1st, I have returned to my low-carb lifestyle, and on Monday, I'll start a new exercise regimen. So far, in four days' time, I have lost 5 pounds, most of it likely water weight...but still, it's a start and I'll take it.

I'm determined (and looking forward to three really kick ass vacations this year--in June, August, and October, all of which will require a bathing suit and/or skimpies--which for me is just about anything besides capris and a t-shirt). I've done it before, I hope I can do it again, under a new set of variables--kids, time constraints, what not.

Wish me luck. I think I'm gonna need it.

5 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger BrooklynGirl said...

Good for you. I have a beach vacation coming up in August and Something Must Be Done.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Cat, Galloping said...

good luck! you can do it!

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

I'm so happy for you Dee! Do post or write me anytime you hit a plateau or need encouragement in any way. I'm just about to be ready to start getting into shape (6 weeks post-cesarean) so we'll be in the same boat, sister! Let's move!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

You go girl! Just keep thinking about how great you'll feel and how healthy you need to be to keep up with your girls.

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can definitely do it! I have faith in you.
I dropped 12 lbs on the online version of weight wat.chers just before getting pregnant, and I never thought I could do it. And you did it before, so you know you are capable. You go girl!
ps-but you are glamorous as you are, too, you know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter