/ The RE's Muse: Weaning

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Weaning

Ah, no, not weaning from the breast. Sorry--but that's not what I meant (especially since I did not bf this go'round--flame me if you must).

Daniela is officially being weaned from the phenobarbitol. Hooray! We are currently almost halfway through a 6-week reduction plan of her dosage. By Labor Day, she'll be done completely with the medication.

Happily I can report that we have not witnessed any seizures as her medication levels decline (side note: the last seizure she had was at about 5 days old or so if memory serves me right).

One more hurdle to come: getting rid of the apnea monitor. So far no idea when this will take place, no discussion has been had on the subject since her 4-month doctor visit. 6-month visit (more like six-and-a-half month visit) is later next week so we'll see what comes up then.

But in the meantime, I'm thrilled with the current state of progress...and the rolling over, and the babbling, and the generally just being okay (so far, knock on wood and everything else). I lurve okay.

7 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

That's great news! I hated Wee One's apnea monitor; one day she got tangled up in the cords, I told the pedi and it was discontinued.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Cat, Galloping said...

it must be so scary waiting for her to hit those milestones. so glad she is!

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Yay! I knew that little Daniela was one tough chick.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

I so glad -- what a great transition. It's like you can finally rid yourselves of the last vestiges of her terrible, scary first days. And now she can just be the roly-poly D we all know her to be!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger lagiulia said...

Sorry I haven't been around lately. I am really happy for you all. What a milestone!

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger A said...

Awwww. congratulations!

So glad to hear that she's doing well. (and to check up on you after so long)

april/underwater clown conspiracy

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Yes very good news!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter